Sunday, February 8, 2009

Snickerdoodles! Yum!

I did dessert again on Saturday night and as always (NOT!) it was absolutely fabulous.

First of all, I am addicted to podcasts. I listen to them as much as I can and subscribe to so many I can’t even listen to them all before the new ones come out! The good thing about subscribing (which I love) is that when new eipisodes come out, they just get downloaded automatically. I use itunes and an ipod, which may seem like a cop-out to some, but it is what I have and know, so it works for me. If you want to use itunes, here it is.

One of the podcasts that I watch (and I get about 90% audio and 10% video and this just happens to be video) is Martha Stewart. It appears from the intro and all that it is the same as the Martha Stewart On Demand from cable, but the podcast is plenty for me, and it is just one segment out of the whole show, so it is perfect for me! And the podcast makes me go to her site if I see something I like, so if you want to go to it too (and she has a blog too which I of course, follow) then go to (link) MarthaStewart.com.

So back to the cookies. The video I saw and recipe I got from Martha was for snickerdoodles. I made them on Saturday and they were amazing. I did not have shortening, so I just substituted butter and it turned out great! It was so easy and if you want to do something EASY and maybe get the kids involved, I would highly recommend this recipe! Sometimes, getting the kids involved is more mess than I have the energy to clean up, but if you have the energy and want to involve the kids, there is a part where you make the dough (which is easy and this is NOT the part I would get the involved in, but if you want to, they can do it!) And after you make the dough and form it into balls, you roll it in a cinnamon-sugar mixture. This is perfect for the kids to do!

I had tried them a few years ago with a different recipe and they did not turn out well at all, but these looked amazing and tasted even better! I will definitely do them again, and soon. (I do need to buy more cinnamon first as I have none left after this recipe!)

No comments: