Monday, February 9, 2009

Over-the-door shoe organizer

I love the canvas over-the-door shoe organizer! I have them behind the door of a lot of different closets. In each closet, they have a different use. They may not all work for you, but I am sure one or more of them will work, and if just one works for a few people, then I have done a good thing. They all have clear storage where the shoes are supposed to go and a little hint – there is not a singles pair of shoes in them in my house.

I have one behind the door of my office. It holds all the extra office supplies. So the extra ink cartridges, staples, post-its, thumb tacks, pretty much everything but paper fits, so they are all filled to the brim.

The one in my mud room closet has all the pairs of gloves, mittens and winter hats in them. Love that! I put the kid ones a little lower and they can get them out themselves and put the away, because I don’t care how neat they are when they go into the pockets.

I have one in the kids’ upstairs linen closet with all the “spares” in it. It has extra shampoo, toothpaste, soap, light bulbs, you name it. They are always running out of stuff in their own bathroom and now they know where to get things to replace them.

I have one hanging in my oldest sons’ closet for his collectibles. Sometimes it has Pez dispensers, sometimes fast food toys, and sometimes collectible cards. Keeping up with their toys is beyond me, but with something like this that shows off the collections, I don’t have to come up with something new for each collection.

Like I said, I love tem and when I see them next on sale, I am going to get several more. I can think of a few other places for them. And I might start with what I know and love in them, but who knows what will end up in them eventually…

I do not have one near my kitchen yet, but I have been wondering what to do with all the frosting, tips, jimmys, nuts, and other small baking supplies and if I could find a place for this, I might have found it. Maybe you will have better luck than I have had in that area.

And I do not have one in my bathroom, but I think I need one with all the extras, like the kids have!

I also do not have one near the computer, but I think that one with all the thumb drives, disks, and other computer paraphernalia would be great.

And lastly for now, I do not have one near the bed, but if it had lotions, a booklight, a magazine or two, etc. I would love that.

No comments: