Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Organizing Your Blog-Reading

I know it may seem counter-intuitive to organize your blog reading. I spend WAY too much time reading blogs, to the detriment of other things I have to do, BUT if you are going to read anyway, I LOVE using Google Reader to read them.

Every time one of the blogs I am “subscribed” to through Google Reader is updated, it comes through on my reader. It is super-easy to manage the list and delete things I no longer have time for want to read too.

If you already have a Google account, it is even easier, but anyone can get a Google account, so not having one is no reason not to use this amazing tool. Once you have an account, I just used the search engine to find the reader. Obviously, it was the first thing that came up!

I cannot get it to bring up a blank one because it knows who I am and always pops mine up, but you get the idea. On that search page, there are other pages that are interesting too, like the official Google Reader blog, the way it works, etc. If the idea of subscribing to each blog and RSS feed individually just makes you tired to think about, then think about using this tool. It might not make you read fewer blogs, but it will make reading them and scanning them for interesting content just a little faster.

No comments: