Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One resolution a month

I started this post on New Years Day and then got sidetracked and never got back to it and then was on vacation and then had the flu, you know! And since there were so many resolution posts on January 1, it did not bother me too much NOT to be in the fray. How many people do a resolution post on January 12?

This year is going to be so much a better year than last. I am normally quite the optimist, but even I know that this year was not that great.

I am not a huge fan of resolutions, so my modus operandi (MO) is to resolve one thing each month and then at the end of the year, I am so much better off! So for January, my resolution is to get my writing life in order. I vow to do one thing each day that gets me closer to that goal. I will do whatever I can from January 12 to the end of the month to plan out the year in great detail, but with enough flexibility that it is not too taxing!

Preliminarily, my monthly resolutions will be:
January – Writing life more organized
February – House cleared of all the clutter and ready to sell (I am almost there but need another sweep, so it is perfect for a short month!)
March – Closets cleaned and spring/summer clothes out and washed
April – Birthdays for the year in one list and cards bought or made for them all
May – Christmas list made (at least for extended family and friends)
June – Get my body more toned
July – Inventory knitting needles and yarn
August – Get kids organized and ready for school at least 2 weeks in advance
September – Inventory Halloween and Christmas decorations, put them in separate and appropriate boxes
October – Halloween costumes for the kids cute and appropriate for the weather
November – Christmas cards done and sent
December – Christmas shopping and wrapping done at least 14 days in advance

But the house is for sale and we may move, in which case, the resolutions might be completely different. And if I change my mind, they might be too. And changing my mind is my right!

No comments: