Thursday, January 15, 2009

Martha Stewart am I

I am the next Martha Stewart. I have to find a way to make it happen, but I know it is true and I know people want to believe it is possible. I started out as one of those people. I currently live in a small town, and I want to live near a larger city for many reasons, but this is one of them. I know you can’t make it big in the domestic arts in a small town. (Well, you really can’t make it big in ANYTHING in a small town.) The thing is, I do not want to live in or near NYC and I am hoping you don’t have to live there to be Martha. Wherever I end up (and the house has been for sale for 6 months, but this is a terrible economy to try to sell a house) I hope to be the local Martha Stewart and give hope to all the local housewives that it is possible. That being the case, I need to step up the game in my own house a little. No more boxed cakes, I guess! Aw, who am I kidding. Every once in a while, a girl just needs to do the easy thing. As long as it is not the easy thing every time, I think that is a great message for everyone!!

No comments: