Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Cut-out Sugar Cookies

I made the batter yesterday. It was supposed to sit in the fridge at least 30 minutes, so I let it go overnight.

I made a double batch because I knew they were good. I ended up wrapping 4 batches in plastic wrap for the fridge. Took the first one out today and it was still too sticky, so I ended up adding about a cup more of flour in small painfully small) batches. he kids and I cut out a few holiday shapes from that batch. The good news is that they cook for a very short time!

I took out the second batch, by which time the kids had lost interest, so it was all me. I did the same with the third batch, but by the end, I just wanted it to be over with, so that last dozen are round with little green sprinkles on them. It looks surprisingly festive! The last batch is still in the fridge. I might OD on cookie dough this weekend.

I still have not decorated them, but that seems like a good activity for tomorrow. Even if the kids lose interest, with some Christmas music playing, it might be fun!

No comments: