Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I am not old enough to...

This is my last age post. I was going to say "I swear..." but I will not make that sort of promise, because who knows what the future holds. It is enticing to think that I say it and then post again and you all have to respond to call me out on it, but I don't roll that way....

But I digress.

Anyway, I was just thinking that at this age, my mom was an empty-nester and my youngest is not quite 4! I have 14 more years of having them live here and if I had done it differently, I could be done! Don't get me wrong, I love them to death, but the oldest two are just at that age where they are "challenging"! (Gotta love the 'tween ages!)

I also had an anniversary over the weekend and I just keep thinking that when my own parents celebrated the SAME anniversary, I was a senior in high school and my YOUNGER brother was also in high school. All three of my kids are under 12!

I am having several moments where I keep thinking about how I compare to others. And I try not to compare myself to others very often, but this is just one of those things that lends itself quite easily to comparisons, so I do it.

ARGH! I know it can and will make me nuts, but I can't help it!!

No comments: