Monday, April 6, 2009

There was so much to say today that it was hard for me to figure out where to focus my energy...

Yesterday we showed the house. It is starting to get old. No, it has been old now for several months. I know that much of it is the economy and all, but I just want to move on with my life! It has now been on the market for 10 months, and in that time NOT ONE house in our area in our price range has closed, so I know it is not just me. In all that time, we have only had 3 showings too, which is probably the most frustrating thing of all. If people were looking at it and not liking something, we could change it. But of the few people who have looked, the comments have not been bad. They are either not interested in the style or size of the house, which is not going to change!

Probably the worst part about living in a house that is for sale (and there are A LOT of bad things, but this is probably the worst) is that you feel like you cannot really "live" in the house. We did MINIMAL Christmas decorations (like nothing besides the tree and stockings) and nothing for any other holidays. And now that the weather is getting nice again, I have to work on the yard, which I hated to do before, so I have almost no motivation to love it now!

And we just got the feedback from the showing yesterday and they think it is a little too big. I had high hopes because they were here so long!! It may never end. We are not desperate to sell, but I think we might lower the price now just because we want it to be over!!

No comments: