Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So many options, so little time...

So I am at a career cross-roads now. (aren't we all?) I thought that this would be a great time to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up, even if I was already pushing 40 (and pushing it HARD). I was always one of those people who thought there were 100 things I would rather be doing if only this day job would go away...

My problem now is that I am paralyzed by all the potential out there. There are dozens of things I want to do or try and they are all very different from one another. So how do I choose? Obviously I need to focus on something in order to create a plan going forward and I want to do something that I love, but I am also to the point where I have put in a lot of time in my other career, so it would not be the smartest thing ever to let that all go away...

I just don't know. There are so many things I want to try and maybe if I was officially a SAHM, I could try them all, but I know that would not make me happy either so it is a conundrum!

No comments: